Thursday, January 24, 2008

I'm Two Months Old!!!

Yep, that's right. Today Peyton is two months old... Can you believe it??? It seems like yesterday that Mike and I took her home from the hospital. Heck, it still seems crazy to me that we have a family!

So, we went to the doctor today for her two-month well check and shots, but weren't able to get them. Peyton's acid reflux (AR) has gotten worse. She has started to loose a bit of weight (only a couple of ounces) because she isn't eating much because of the AR. So, the doc was concerned. She has only put on 2.9 pounds since birth, and he, the doc and us too, would like her to gain about half a pound before we give her shots. So, we had to postpone that appointment for a week. Other that the AR she is healthy and smiling and all-in-all a very happy little girl. She just gets upset when we feed her.

Tomorrow we are having a swallow test, a nice way to say Upper GI. She will drink some barium and they will take some x-rays of her to make sure she isn't having any internal issues. I figured we would be doing this. She just hates to be fed. Hopefully we will find out what is going on. She is on Zantac and Prevacid for the AR right now, but things could change once we get the results from the swallow test.

She was sacked out in her car seat! I wish I could sleep that well!! Oh, check out the hat - Thanks Aunt Chris!!!

Peyton is hiding from who knows what??? I just thought it was too cute!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful!! Congrats 2 months late!

Unknown said...

She is pimpin in that hat