Saturday, January 3, 2009

Photos from the Holidays

So, I finally got some pictures to share with you. They are pretty cute! I still can't believe that Peyton is a year old. It still seems like yesterday that we were taking a pregnancy test. Peyton is a complete joy and continues to learn something new every day. It has been truly amazing seeing this transformation. God has really blessed our little family and I am very thankful each day!

Here are some pictures:

Jenna, Peyton and Jude playing on their toys


Peyton and Jenna in matching PJs.

I love my cousins!

Playing on my horse. I love this toy and can't wait to plug it into my TV at home!!!

Stylin' and profilin'...

I have to find a picture that my parents have of me that looks identical to this.
It is really funny :)

Gotta love birthdays, sorry these are a bit late...

What an awesome b-day outfit! I love her shoes!

All smiles!

Chillin with my momma!

So, when we were growing up, my Meemaw (mom's mom) made stockings like this for each one of us. They were always hung on her mantle every Christmas. My mom had our stockings from when we were kids and just bought new ones for people brought into our family - husbands, babies, pets. I know that my mom has had a tough time since my Meemaw passed away in 2007. So, I decided to make the stockings like my Meemaw did many years ago. Now, we all have matching stockings and WOW, it looks awesome!!! They were pretty time consuming, but totally worth it. My mom was kinda speechless when we gave them to her, I could see it in her eyes that she loved them and that is all the mattered to me. They really look great and are almost perfect to the ones my Meemaw made. I am sure that she is looking down from heaven and smiling!!!

4 comments:

Patrick, Julie, Will and Scott said...

I LOVE the stockings ... what a neat idea, Dianne! Glad you guys had a great holiday!

Anonymous said...

I love the Christmas stockings, my mom has ours hung in the house as well but I love how your mom has recreated them. Looks like you guys had a great Christmas.

Brooke

Anonymous said...

I love all the new pics! Thanks for posting them. The stockings look AWESOME!

Love ya.
Shea

MESims said...

Dianne, what a beautiful surprise for your Mom! I would have loved to see her face when you gave them to her. You are as crafty as you are thoughtful! I will definitely have to visit GiGi next Christmas to check them out. Love, Aunt Mej