Saturday, September 26, 2009

Been a While...

***WARNING - THIS IS GOING TO BE A LONG POST***

I know, it has been a REALLY long time since I have posted anything on here. We have been busy, busy, busy. Peyton is growing up so fast! She is talking in complete sentences and has hit the "terrible twos" a little early. But, we are working through it :) As frustrating as it can be with her, Peyton has a way of cracking us up. The other night Mike was getting on to her for doing something, and she looked at him and said, "Daddy, hush!" We both had to walk into the other room so that she wouldn't see us laughing! She is seriously hysterical!

Peyton is now in the "Big" building at school. It is the pre-school side. She is having a rough time adjusting when Mike drops her off. Once he leaves, she is great and by the time I get there at the end of the day, she doesn't want to leave. I am sure it will get better, but I hope it is sooner than later.

I seriously can't believe our baby girl is going to be two years old in about two months. Peyton is so much fun right now. But, man, she is into everything! My parent's were reading my grandmother's (Dad's mom, Grandma Rose, who passed away a year ago) journal the other day and she had an entry about a time when my sister and I stayed with her. She said Erin and I were so sweet and wonderful. But, that I was a "smiling tornado". Always happy and always in motion. Mike and I think that is the perfect explanation of Peyton. She is always smiling and laughing and in constant motion. Thank you Grandma Rose for describing Peyton perfectly!

Here are some pictures of what has been going on lately in the Lloyd family. We went to Corpus Christi for Labor Day weekend. We had a blast. We went to the aquarium one day on the trip and Peyton had a BLAST looking at all of the fish and marine life. We also went to Beaumont to visit with my Mom and Dad. Peyton always has fun with GiGi and Papa! As do Mike and I. Enjoy the pictures!


Yes, that is a swim diaper on Peyton's head.


Peyton and cousin Jack playing golf against each other.
They both just hit the ball and ran after it. Very amusing :)


Playing at the beach.


Gotta love the tushie! This was in between diapers.


Peyton was really hungry here... Can you tell.


This was an exhibit at the Aquarium. We were in the fish tank. Cool!


Peyton took ALL of her toys out of the bin and climbed in.
She has discovered this and does it quite often.


Trying to drink water, but very unsuccessful.

I LOVE this picture of her. She was helping Mike water the flowers.

Helping Daddy


Still helping!


Coloring with Jack-Jack. They are only 5 months apart,
so they have all sorts of fun together!


Boy, I LOVE the beach and chilling in Momma's sunglasses. So FUN!!!


Daddy and Pey-Pey in the surf. Love this picture!


Family picture at the Aquarium. If only Peyton was looking at the camera...
Oh well, maybe next time :)


In front of the shark and fish tank. Very cool. Peyton called all of the sharks, Bruce. Like in Finding Nemo, her favorite movie. She TOTALLY freaked out when we saw clown fish. She kept screaming, NEMO, NEMO!!! It was great!

Peyton eating Nutella with Papa. GROSS!!! At least I think so.
As you can see, Peyton liked it :)


I LOVE NUTELLA!


My brother came into town and we were able to meet us for lunch. Peyton actually had a great time with Uncle Matt, even though this picture doesn't look like it.

7 comments:

the novosads said...

She is precious! Don't you just love this stage. We miss yall and hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

All of the pics are so cute! My favorite is the one where she's holding the hose too! And I love her hair cut! She's such a big girl now!
- Shea

Courtney said...

Love all the pictures! Peyton is looking like such a 'big' little girl with that hair.

*The smiling tornado made me laugh. :)

Jenna said...

Pretty cute you did great with it.

Crystal said...

I love that lil smiling tornado!! And you, too! The video of the ABCs is WONDERFUL!

Jenna said...

The swim diaper on the head and the tushie that was soo funny I hope yall had a Merry Christmas

Jenna said...

I like the picture when she was chillin with her sun glasses on